I know this topic is very hot, so I decided to write here about it.
What I would generally ask in interview for those positions (technically) are the following?
- Latest trends in technology around the world
- For me you got to be in the look for latest and greatest
- SOA and types of SOA
- WCF, Service Bus & types
- Big Data
- Cloud computing & providers and what is going on in that world
- I prefer Azure
- Design patterns (specifically gangs of four)
- Unit Testing (I go in some detail here)
- Agile (Scrum to be specific)
- TDD, DDD
Well those are the most critical to me.
If I want to cut it short, I start with definition of code coverage and the frameworks used. A seasoned person will know this and this generally tells me how skilled the person is.