After getting frustrated with the fact that Entity Framework and NHibernate does not resolve my needs, I am writing my own ORM tool to finalize one very important part of enterprise architecture.
Here are the features that are included (hope to finish by tomorrow)
- Mutliple entity classes (one per each)
- Single Data Provider Class
- One Interface IDataProvider
- One Class which inherits I[Model]DataProvider (SQL[Model]DataProvider)
- [Model] to be renamed by the model name provided
- One mocked class using moq framework (http://code.google.com/p/moq/)
- SQL[Model]DataProvider will also implement retry logic in case of certain cases such as
- Connection Timeout etc.
- In a nutshell the following error codes : -1,-2,2,53,1222,1205
- Will obviously generate related stored procedures and utilize them
- Entities will be able to track simultaneous changes and will be able to throw exception if data changed before update!
- Entities will implement [DataContract] & [DataMember] so that usage in WCF will be a lot easy
- As you may see from here generated codes will implement Abstract Factory (Provider) design pattern and possibility of Singleton is also there.