There are few very strong QA Automation frameworks available which are watir, watin and selenium so far that I’ve seen quite promising.
All of those have one thing in common. They are all free unlike extremely expensive IBM Rational or HP QTP.
What makes the selection is some factors but most of all, experience of the users with them.
I consider the following to be some killer decisions.
- Ability to have different execution plans based on different scenarios
- Ability to have X many scripts
- Based on scenario execute Y many of them (Y < X) automatically. Such as after every nightly build.
- Proper reporting
- By nature of the framework to be able to run fast
- To be able to execute X many scripts simultaneously
- To be able to execute same script in Y many browsers simultaneously
- Support for web browsers (as many as possible)
Looking forward for your inputsSorry, there are no polls available at the moment.